Top 10 Android Monitoring Apps Have you wondered why smartphone monitoring apps exist? With the recent boom in social media usage and access to web browsing made more convenient, more people feel the need to use these apps to monitor their children or employees’ activities. More than that, it has become a necessity for those who care about their loved ones’ safety. With the help of monitoring apps, people can keep a tab on the location of the monitored device users.
The use of Android phones is also on the rise, making software developers keener on developing monitoring apps for Android users. There is a variety of Android monitoring apps to purchase, which might make it confusing to decide which one is the most suitable for you. We are here to help you out by putting together the 10 best Android monitoring apps of 2021 that would help in making your decision easier.
Pumpic is one of the most trusted monitoring apps worldwide. It is an invisible app that gives its users remote access to the monitored Android device. It is very efficient in fetching all the relevant information that you would need while keeping a check on your children or employees. Pumpic gives you access to their call logs, text messages, browsing history, emails, and chats sent and received on WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, and Skype. It also gives you access to their social media accounts such as Instagram or Tinder. You can track the complete location history of the monitored device through its GPS tracker. Pumpic has a unique alert feature that gives you a notification any time an alarming word is used. You can custom set the alarm word according to your needs. You can also remotely turn on the microphone of the monitored device to listen to the surrounding voices and record them. These features make Pumpic one of the best monitoring software around the globe.
All of this information is accessible by any device which has the internet active. The data gets uploaded on your XNPSY account that you can access any time and from anywhere. To install the app, you just need one-time access to the device you want to monitor. Once the installation is complete, it will run smoothly without any further access required. [sc name=”spy24″ ]
Pumpic is compatible with all Android smartphones and tablets running on versions Gingerbread 4.0 and above. It is one of the very few apps which work on the latest Android 10.0 software.
Pumpic is amongst the most affordable monitoring apps around. The customers can choose from two categories that they offer: Basic Edition and Premium Edition. The basic edition costs USD 4.99 per month, and the premium edition that has more advanced features cost USD 7.49 per month.
- Gives the best value for money by offering the best features currently available, such as geofencing, call recording, and watchlist alerts.
- The app runs smoothly and effortlessly in all Android devices.
- Offers one of the best customer supports that is available 24/7 to guide you through the installation process.
- The minimalist, intuitive, and user-friendly interface makes it easier for those who are not very tech-savvy.
- You can retrieve deleted messages and pictures from the device.
- It is a safe and reliable software program that has many loyal customers.
- It does not offer a free trial version.
- No website blocking feature yet.
Overall rating: 9.5/10
mSpy is another very powerful Android monitoring software. It can track messages, call logs, location, emails, and WhatsApp conversations. Users can monitor their preferred devices remotely. It can be used on any browser. All you need is a good internet connection. The installation and setup are easy to understand and come with a guide to help new users. It does not require any rooting of the device to install it.
mSpy is compatible with all versions of Android smartphones or tablets which are operating above the 4.0 Gingerbread version.
The cost of the basic version is USD 29.99 per month. The one-year package of the premium version costs USD 16.99 per month.
- It has a content filtering tool.
- It includes a feature to restrict calls.
- Live customer support
- The features it offers are limited.
- It is only useful as a parental control app.
- The price is a little less affordable.
- Many features require jailbreak or root.
Overall rating: 8.9/10
3. Children Tracker
The Children Tracker Android monitoring app is a parental control software specifically targeting on tracking the whereabouts of your children. By using the app, you can help keep your child safe from getting lost or losing their phone. It also gives you the time duration that it would take you to reach your child if he or she is in danger or trouble. It also helps you chat with your kids remotely through the microphone.
Children tracker is compatible with Android devices running on version 4.0 and above.
There is no pricing information available on the website of the app.
- Its microphone monitoring feature helps you chat with your family any time you think they need intervention.
- It is easy to use and has a simple user interface.
- It helps in tracking accurate locations in real-time.
- It lacks most features that other Android monitoring devices offer.
- The app contains a lot of advertisements that can get annoying for users.
- The app is only limited to monitoring children.
Overall rating: 8.2/10
Spyzie is a powerful monitoring app which lets you retrieve important information from the monitored device invisibly. Once installed, the app icon disappears on the monitored device. It does not require any rooting of the device. The app tracks the current location, contact lists, call logs, and text messages along with many other things. It also has the feature to access the relevant device’s social media accounts such as Snapchat, Facebook, and Instagram.
It contains some advanced features such as keylogger, screenshots, and call recording. It is essential for parents who feel the need to get into the details of their children’s daily activities on their cell phones and tablets.
Manual access to the target device is required to set up the program.
Spyzie works efficiently on the latest Android version 8.0 Oreo and above. However, there is not enough information on how well it works on older versions.
Just like all the other monitoring apps, Spyzie also offers two types of subscription plans for the users: The Ultimate edition and the Premium edition. The ultimate edition has limited features, making it more affordable. The yearly package costs USD 89.88 per month. The Premium versions offer more advanced features, making it a little expensive. It would cost you USD 99.99 for a year’s subscription.
- It offers all the features that are available on other monitoring apps.
- You can limit the monitored device usage by using Spyzie’s schedule restriction feature.
- You can monitor which app your child is viewing the most by using the App Activity graph feature.
- Spyzie is a little more expensive than other apps.
- The call download and recording feature often fails to retrieve data efficiently.
- It does not provide the current location of the monitored device through GPS.
- The poor customer service makes it harder for customers to solve the issues they have with the app.
- It often runs fake online ads on its app, which is deceiving the customers.
Overall rating: 7.5/10
5. Cell Tracker
Cell tracker is another monitoring app for Android users. It aims to provide the user with a real-time location, letting them track the whereabouts of their loved ones. The app does require you to have physical access to the targeted device. It works well on all carriers and networks. The free and instant download facility enables you to track your preferred device swiftly and accurately. The app is useful for those who want to find out who their children are in contact with.
The Cell Tracker app is compatible with the device running on the Android version 4.0 and above.
The Cell Tracker app is free to install and use for five days. The features of the free app, however, are limited.
- The use of Cell Tracker helps against the theft of your phones. It also helps if your children lose or forget their phone somewhere. The tracker can guide in locating the device.
- It helps to track the estimated time of arrival of your children. It is essential for their safety as you can check if they are safe if they do not arrive on time.
- Since it is a free app, it lacks essential advanced features and functions.
- The interface is not very user friendly and does not have many options to choose between.
- It is only limited to parental monitoring.
Overall rating: 6.8/10
Flexispy is another useful monitoring app. It lets you keep a check on the popular Android messaging apps like Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, Viber, Tinder, and many more. Using Flexispy, you can view the monitored device’s phone contacts, internet browsing history, and saved photos and videos. Its remote camera feature allows you to see what is being typed on the target device.
The app has an ambient recording feature that allows you to listen to all the conversations that your child, employee, or partner is having. Using the map on the app, you can also track the location of the device through the GPS tracking feature.
Flexispy is compatible with mobile devices. It is why many customers who want to use it on a desktop might get disappointed with the app. On smartphones, Flexispy is compatible with all devices running on versions 4.0 and above. However, to enjoy all the features of the device, you might need to root it.
Flexispy offers two types of packages to select from. The Premium package and the Extreme package. The 12-month premium package costs around USD 149 per month, and the Extreme package that has more advanced features, costs USD 349 per month.
- You can track suspicious words used in text messages using the Alert-Wizard feature. It also notifies you when a specific number calls on the device.
- You can download as many recorded calls as you want and listen to them at your convenience.
- The simple installation steps make it easy for users to install the app.
- Flexispy does not support the latest Android devices that come with the version 8.0 Oreo and above.
- Users can not access phone calls on the monitored device on dual-SIM phones.
- Users complain about the app hanging when they use the remote camera feature.
- The user interface makes the app difficult to understand and use by those you are not tech-savvy.
- Users can not ask for a refund because Flexispy does not have any refund policy yet.
- The price of the app is very high, making it unaffordable for many.
Overall rating: 6.7/10
Spyera is a popular smartphone monitoring software. It offers a variety of features that you can use to monitor your children, partners, or employees. The features include remote microphone access of the target device, allowing you to hear the surrounding voices. You can also track the location, listen to phone conversations, access text messages, emails, chat and browsing history, and contact details of the device.
It has all the features that one would need in extensive monitoring software. Some of the additional features that Spyera offers include accessing of the BBM messages. To set up the device, you might need to root it first, but the installation process is quick.
Spyera is compatible with all Android smartphones and tablets, including the latest versions. However, it is not updated to support the latest Android devices.
Spyera offers a yearly package to its customers using smartphones. The price of the package is USD 389 annually. However, they have a lower range package for those using a tablet. It costs USD 249 for 12 months.
- The remote-control feature lets you monitor the device according to your needs.
- The software is easy to use.
- It offers a variety of monitoring features.
- You can remotely uninstall the app.
- You can remotely check the battery levels of the monitored device.
- You can access the monitored device’s camera secretly and keep a tab on the ongoing activities.
- It does not offer its users a free trial or a live demonstration of the app. Potential buyers have no way to gauge the performance of the app before investing in it.
- It does not provide any content filtering or blocking tool.
- It is an expensive software that many cannot afford.
- The remote camera feature often results in a lag.
- The customer service is slow. The users can only register a complaint after waiting for a support ticket. It takes a lot of time, hence immediate support to customers is not available.
Overall rating: 6.5/10
The Cocospy monitoring app is typically used by parents to monitor their children. The target audience of the developers of the app is also parents. However, for merely a parental control app, it offers a wide range of features. Parents can view their children’s call logs, read their text messages, keep track of their current location, and have access to all the installed apps and contacts of their device. Cocospy can also be used to view the complete photo gallery of the device and also keep a tab on the browsing history. Its keylogger feature allows parents to monitor keystrokes and also be alerted on any SIM-card changes. Parents can even get access to their children’s social media accounts such as Instagram, Tinder, Skype, and Facebook.
Cocospy is known to work well on most Android smartphones and tablets, however, the website of the app does not mention specifically which versions of Android are compatible with the software.
Cocospy offers three different package options to its customers. The basic version that provides limited features comes with an affordable price of USD 8.33 per month. The premium package with more features and functions is for USD 9.99 per month. The family package offers premium features and allows installation on up to three different devices. It costs USD 16.66 per month.
- Cocospy offers very reasonably priced packages.
- There is no need to root the device before installing the app.
- The family subscription option is one that not many other monitoring apps offer. Parents with more than one child might find this beneficial.
- There is no alert-based feature on Cocospy that many customers require.
- The compatibility of the app is unclear on the website.
- There is no live customer support option.
- The app does not have any phone remote control function.
Overall rating: 6.0/10
Not many people are aware of the SpyBubble monitoring app because it is a fairly new one. However, it offers its users some unique packages customized according to the needs of those who want to track multiple devices. Since it is in its teething stages, the functions it offers are not very impressive. The app allows its users to track the monitored device’s location as well as record their phone calls. You can also keep a tab on messages sent and received on popular social media and instant messaging apps. The keylogging feature lets you view the browsing history of the device.
SpyBubble is compatible with all Android smartphones and tablets running on versions 4.0 and above. It also works on Windows and macOS computers.
The price of SpyBubble depends on the subscription option that you select out of the two that they offer. The cost of their basic plan is USD 24.95 per month that is only applicable to a single device. By choosing the professional plan, you can install the app on up to five different devices. It costs USD 49.95. The features of both options are the same.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- As it also works with Windows and macOS devices, many people (like your children) who do not have a tablet or smartphone might find this as an advantage.
- The professional plan might be beneficial for those who want to monitor multiple employees.
- The free trial version lets the customer see if the app works for them before purchasing it.
- The limited information available on their website makes it a little confusing.
- It lacks many advanced features like call-log monitoring, email monitoring, geofencing, and alert function.
- With its limited features, the cost of the app does not add value to your money.
- There is no live customer support available.
Overall rating: 5.2/10
10. The Truth Spy
The Truth Spy is one of the least popular apps in the year 2021. It is because it only offers basic features that you can use to monitor your employees’ and kids’ activities. It lets you monitor call logs, messages, browsing history, contact information, and social network usage of the preferred device. It does not, however, track the emails of the device.
The GPS-tracking feature shows you the real-time location of the device you want to monitor. It also has a keylogging feature that lets you record everything typed on the monitored smartphone or tablet.
The app currently only supports Android version 7.1. It is not compatible with the previous or latest versions of Android devices.
The Truth Spy offers three plans: Standard, Premium, and Gold. The standard plan costs USD 21.99 per month but has limited features. The premium plan is for USD 25.99 per month with some advanced features. The Gold plan has the most high-end features.
- It offers a two-day free subscription that lets you gauge if its performance is worth your money.
- The multiple tracking features is an advantage for many.
- It commands via SMS that might be invasive for those who do not know that their device is getting monitored.
- No email monitoring feature is a huge disadvantage for those who want to monitor their employees.
- Some of the features do not work even after the device is rooted.
- Viber and Skype feature also does not work.
- It has limited compatibility with most Android devices.
- It is also a little expensive compared to other apps that are offering more advanced features at less cost.
- It has poor customer service.
- They do not have any refund policy.
Overall rating: 4.3/10
We hope that by reading our extensive analysis of the top 10 apps of 2021, you and your family would be able to make a wise decision. To rate the apps, we have followed a specific criterion to help you. The rating is based on the user-friendly interface of the app, the features the app offers, the performance of the app, the limitations that it might have, and its compatibility with various devices. The price of the app has also been taken into consideration, along with how good their customer support is. If the app gives a free trial, then that is a bonus. It is necessary that you carefully go through all these to decide because many of these apps might be heavy on the pocket.
We value your money, so we do not want you to fall prey to the scam. A couple of these fake apps include xPspy and xYspy. The names of these apps are too familiar with Pumpic, so people might get confused and buy these apps. They end up giving access to these scammers about their details and money.
While there is a variety of different apps available to monitor the smartphones and tablets of your children, partners, or employees, Pumpic proves to be the best one. Its reliability, efficiency, unique features, compatibility, and affordability beats all. That is the reason why the software gets many buyback customers. Many of them have reviewed that by using Pumpic, their parenting and employee management experience has become much easier.
Limited Time Offer
On all Pumpic subscriptions