Xnspy vs. mSpy: The Final Showdown Of The Top Two Spying Apps | Xnspy and mSpy are the two most commonly used spying apps on the internet. They both offer various interesting cell phone spying features, making it hard for the potential users to choose one. While Xnspy is famous for its advanced features, mSpy is also famous for its parental controls. But, the question is: Who gets to be the no. 1 spy app? In order to know the answer, continue reading this our very in-depth comparison review article. Our assessment is based on four different factors: Features, performance, pricing, and compatibility.
The Most Powerful Hidden Spying App to Monitor Android, IOS Cell Phone & Tablet Device Remotely. Best Android Parental Control App for Kids & Teens Online Safety.
Now take the liberty to monitor Android, IOS devices with exclusive features better than ever before
Monitor all Voice & Text Messages Communication Record, Listen & Watch Surroundings in Real-time Unleash Digital Parenting with Android, IOS Spy App Spy360 (Surround Listing & Front/Back Camera Bugging) IM’s VoIP call recording on Android OS 10 & above With 250+ Surveillance Tools at your fingertips using Android Tracking & Parental Monitoring Software.
Xnspy vs. mSpy – An In-Depth Comparison
Exploring and comparing the features of the two spy apps helps in identifying the diversity of features that are being offered. Both have similar basic features such as call logs and text messages monitoring but they are versatile in their advanced features. Here is a detailed features comparison of Xnspy and mSpy for both Android and iOS devices.
To use Xnspy on an Android device, you need two things:
- Subscription of Xnspy
- Physical access to the target device for installation
- Phone calls and text messages: Xnspy allows you to monitor phone calls history (incoming, outgoing, missed calls). You can also read all the incoming and outgoing text messages on an Android device in stealth mode.
- Social media monitoring: With the basic Android version, you can access WhatsApp photos, Viber photos, and Instagram pictures only.
- Read Emails: The basic Xnspy edition allows Android users to access Gmail app only.
- Installed Apps: You can view the list of all installed apps and with the Android version, you can block or unblock any application on the target phone.
- Track GPS location: Location history can be viewed.
- Multimedia files: You can access all the photos and videos saved on the Android device.
- Alerts: Xnspy instantly sends you an alert on a SIM card change.
- Misc. features: Even the basic Android version provides a web-based control panel, free updates, and 100% stealth mode.
Here are some advanced features that are offered with the premium edition of Xnspy for Android devices along with the basic features.
- Record phone calls and surroundings: Xnspy premium edition offers the additional call recording feature. With your premium license, Xnspy automatically monitors all incoming and outgoing calls on the target phone.
- Social media monitoring: Without rooting an Android device, Xnspy can access calls, chats, and photos that are shared on the social media sites including WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Facebook, Line, Kik, Instagram, and Tinder.
- Surround recording: You can record the target phone’s surroundings without making a call.
- Geo-Fencing: You can define places to create a watchlist for the target device. Whenever the target device passes the geofence, Xnspy sends you an instant alert.
- Keylogger: Xnspy monitors keystrokes from WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger.
- Wi-Fi Networks logs: Xnspy develops a log of all Wi-Fi connections that the monitored device connects to with a detailed summary including time, date, and location stamps.
- Security: The advanced feature of Xnspy for Android devices allows you to wipe off all the data on a device. You can also lock the target phone remotely.
- Actuarial Reports: One of the advanced features of Xnspy is providing you with a detailed analytical report. It gathers data received from the target device and shows a detailed graphical report listing the top 5 callers, top 5 call durations, and an activity punch card showing the number of calls made during a specific time and day of a week. It also accumulates data of browsing history and shows a list of top 10 most frequently visited websites from the browser of the monitored device.
- Remote access: You can access the device remotely to record surroundings, wipe off data, lock the device, take screenshots, and put restrictions on uploading data on the monitored phone.
- Instant alerts: Xnspy sends you an instant alert whenever an email is sent/received from a specific email address or when a specific word is used in the email. Xnspy also sends instant alerts on Watchlist words, phone numbers, and places.
Xnspy is offering services for both jailbreak and non-jailbroken iOS devices. To use Xnspy on an iOS device, all you need is:
- Xnspy subscription
- For No-jailbreak spy version: iCloud credentials of the targeted person
- For Jailbreak spy version: Physical access for installation
Basic Features – No Jailbreak
- Calls: Xnspy shows a full log of both incoming and outgoing calls on the monitored device.
- Text Messages: You can read all the text messages that have been sent or received on the target phone.
- Contacts: Xnspy gives you complete access to the contacts that have been saved on the monitored iOS device.
- Calendar: With Xnspy No Jailbreak version, you can view all the appointments and calendar activities saved on the phone.
- Internet and Emails: With Xnspy, you can access a complete list of bookmarks and browsing the history of the monitored phone. You can also read all sent or received emails on the target iOS device.
- Other features: Even the basic iOS version provides a web-based control panel, free updates, and 100% undetectable mode.
Basic Features – Jailbreak
Along with the above-mentioned features, Xnspy offers some additional basic features for jailbroken devices. These features are given below:
- Photos and Videos: You can access all the photos and videos stored on the target iOS device.
- Location History: A detailed list of all the locations that the target device has visited can be accessed.
- Social Media sites: Xnspy’s Jailbreak version gives access to WhatsApp photos, Viber photos, and Instagram pictures.
- Internet and Emails: You can read all sent or received emails on the target iOS device.
- Installed Apps: It gives you full access to view list of all the installed applications on the target
- Alerts: Xnspy instantly sends you an alert on SIM card change.
Advanced Features – No Jailbreak
Here are some advanced features that are offered with the premium edition of Xnspy for iOS devices with no jailbreak.
- iMessages: You can access all the messages sent or received using iMessage. You can create a list of specific words to watch over. Instant alerts are also received whenever a specific word from watchlist is used in iMessages.
- Contacts: You can get instant alerts on the calls made to/from any specific phone number.
Advanced Features – Jailbreak
All the above-mentioned features are also offered for jailbroken iOS devices. However, Xnspy offers some additional features for a jailbroken iOS device mentioned below:
- Social media sites: Xnspy allows you to read all the chats made using social media sites like WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Line, Kik, and Tinder. You can also access all the messages and photos sent or received via these social media sites.
- Geo-Fencing: With Xnspy Jailbreak iOS version, you can create a list of places you want to keep track of. Whenever the target device visits those places, Xnspy sends you an instant alert.
- Alerts: You can get an instant alert on specific words used on the monitored iOS device. Alerts are also sent for Watchlist Emails, Watchlist phone numbers, and places. Xnspy also notifies you instantly on the SIM card change.
- Remote access: The advanced feature of Xnspy for iOS devices allows you to control the target device remotely. You can record surroundings, wipe off data, lock the device, take a screenshot and you can set preferences for uploading data remotely.
mSpy also requires physical access to the device for installation. Instant messages work on rooted Android devices only.
- Phone calls and text messages: mSpy allows you to monitor other person’s phone calls history. You can read all the incoming and outgoing text messages on their Android devices in 100% stealth mode.
- Emails and keyword alerts: The basic mSpy edition allows Android users to access emails and also send alerts on specified keywords use.
- Track GPS location: mSpy gives you a list of all the places that the target device has visited.
- Photos and videos: You can access all the photos and videos saved on the target Android device.
- Alerts: mSpy instantly sends you an alert if the target device uninstalls any application.
- Social media monitoring: mSpy can access calls, chats, and photos that are shared on the social media sites, including WhatsApp, Snapchat, Viber, Skype, Facebook, Telegram, Hangouts, Line, Kik, Instagram, and Tinder.
- Blocking: mSpy helps you in blocking incoming calls on the monitored phone. With mSpy’s premium version, you can also block applications and websites on the target phone.
- Geofencing: You can define places to create a watchlist for the target device. mSpy sends you an instant alert whenever the target device passes your defined geofence.
- Keylogger: mSpy prepares a list of keystrokes the user makes. It can check messages and emails only.
- Wi-Fi Networks: mSpy prepares a list of all the Wi-Fi connections that the target device has used.
Basic Features – No Jailbreak
There are few features that are available for the no jailbroken iOS devices. These features are given below:
- Phone calls and text messages: mSpy allow you to monitor the contact list and phone call history. You can read all incoming and outgoing text messages on a target device. You can also access iMessages.
- Calendar, notes, tasks: With an iOS no jailbreak device, mSpy gives you the opportunity to access calendar activities, notes, and tasks of the monitored device.
- Website history and bookmarks: mSpy gives you access to website history and bookmarks of the target phone.
- Installed applications: You can get a list of all applications that are installed on the phone you want to spy on.
Basic Features – Jailbreak
Along with the aforementioned features, some additional features are offered for jailbroken iOS devices:
- Emails and keyword alerts: The basic mSpy edition allows iOS users with jailbreak devices to access emails and also sends alerts on specified keywords use.
- Track GPS location: mSpy provides a log of all places that the target device has visited.
- Photos and videos: You can access all the photos and videos saved on the monitored iOS device.
- Alerts: mSpy sends you an alert if the target device uninstalls any application.
- Other features: With a basic iOS version of mSpy, change feature is available for unlimited devices.
Advanced Features – No Jail Break
- WhatsApp: mSpy offers WhatsApp monitoring for no jailbroken iOS version.
- Automatic Updates: Automatic updates are available for no jailbroken iOS devices.
- Wi-Fi Networks: The advanced features of mSpy also include the list of all the Wi-Fi networks made on the target iOS device.
Advanced Features – Jailbreak
Some advanced features are also offered for iOS jailbroken devices.
- Social media monitoring: For an iOS jailbreak device, mSpy can monitor calls, chats, and photos that are shared on the social media sites including Snapchat, Viber, Skype, Facebook, Telegram, Hangouts, Line, Kik, Instagram, and Tinder.
- Blocking: With mSpy, you can block incoming calls on the target phone. With mSpy premium version, you can block applications and websites on the target phone.
- Geo-Fencing: You can define places to create a watchlist for the target device. mSpy sends you an instant alert whenever the target device passes your defined geofence.
- Keylogger: mSpy prepares a list of keystrokes the user makes. It can check messages and emails only.
Both apps are offering somehow similar basic features. The advanced features create a difference for the customers. Both spy apps offer social media monitoring but mSpy takes the lead as it can monitor a few more messaging apps like Snapchat, Hangouts, and Telegram. The remote access features of Xnspy is extraordinary, including the ambient recording, remote phone data wiping, Xnspy vs. mSpy: The Final Showdown Of The Top Two Spying Apps. Both applications have a Keylogger feature. Only Xnspy can record social media keystrokes, too. Watchlist alert features also differentiate two spy apps as Xnspy offers more instant alerts than mSpy. Xnspy beats mSpy by offering more advanced features.
Hopefully, this comparison table helps you to compare the features of Xnspy and mSpy!
The performance of Xnspy can be analyzed through rating and reviews published on other expert review websites.
Here is the verdict of a popular app reviewing website, Top Ten Reviews.com about Xnspy: “XNSPY is a good choice for monitoring your child’s phone and internet activity. However, you should look elsewhere if you want to control when and how long they can use their device.”
This is what another app reviewing website, PCMAG.com has to say: “When you think of parental control apps, you probably picture keeping youngsters away from nasty websites and controlling how much time they spend online. Most of these apps also generate activity reports for parents, and many offer real-time notification of any abuses. Xnspy (for iPhone) doesn’t try to control what your child does. It sticks to monitoring the child’s activity undetectably. If spying on your kids suits you, and you don’t need real-time reporting, Xnspy could be what you need.”
Xnspy has thousands of customers. According to SiteJabber, Xnspy is the best spy app available in the market with an average rating of 3.6 out of 5.
This is what the customers have to say about Xnspy:
“No lies or fake promises-It’s feels great to finally have a decent spyware app that’s free of BS. Great work, team Xnspy! I have wasted enough money already on these apps and I was going to go very nasty in my review if this app hadn’t worked either. But, that didn’t happen and I am very happy!” – Stephen W
“I love this new culture of transparency at my firm that came along with the installation of Xnspy on all of the company-provided smartphones. Now I know exactly what my employees do on their cell phones during work hours.” – Alex Carpenter
Here is the verdict of app reviewing website, Top Ten Reviews.com about mSpy: “mSpy is an effective monitoring program that works on both computers and mobile devices, plus gives you detailed insights into your child’s online activity. However, it is expensive.”
mSpy has a large number of customers but going through the evaluations of these customers on the top rated websites, I have mentioned reviews of a few unsatisfied customers below:
“Poor Product, Non-existent customer service: Purchased the app in an attempt to track Snapchat on an iPhone of one of out children. After purchasing was told that Snapchat was not available – could only track text messages and browser history. Requested a refund 1 day after purchasing and the company has refused to refund, claiming their website disclosed this. Unless your looking to only track texts and internet, I would absolutely steer clear. Customer service is non-existent.” – Tony Keeler
“Worst tech Support: Does not work well with iPhone (not jailbroken). Customer support is the worst, and just gives you the run around (ask you to remove and re-install device, then wait for hours for data that doesn’t show; then, next chat person tells you to do the same). After 3 days of doing this, now I cannot login, cannot chat (my id and IP address have been blocked). Called number on site, and person just hung up on me before I could even ask for tech support number. Definitely do not recommend!!!!” – Mauro M
Performance is one of the key factors that help in making a decision in comparing the two apps. It is clear that mSpy has a large number of customers but the fact isn’t ignorable that Xnspy being relatively new in the spying app market has gained more popularity. The basic reason behind this rising fame is the high rate of satisfaction among the customers.
Most of the app rating sites have criticized mSpy for being unreasonably overpriced as compared to the offered features. The rating and comments of the customers on the famous reviewing sites also show that Xnspy is doing much better as compared to mSpy. The customers appreciate the performance of Xnspy offering all the promised features as well as providing customer support service.
Whenever you need to buy a spyware program, either for Android or iOS, pricing is one of the essential factors you should be looking at. Who doesn’t want to get the best stuff at the best rates? There are spying apps that are even charging over $100 for only a month’s subscription.
Xnspy is offering its finest service at a quite reasonable price. Though you may say that Xnspy isn’t the cheapest app available in the spying app market but, it’s offering the best deal for the long-term users. You can get the most suitable pricing package if you want to use it for more than a few months.
Xnspy is offering two pricing packages for Android OS and iOS: Basic and Premium. These two editions differ in prices based on the features they offer.
- Monthly If you want to get a monthly subscription, you will be charged $35.99 per month.
- Quarterly If you want to get a quarterly subscription, you will be charged $59.99 quarterly implying that you will be billed $19.99 per month.
- Yearly If you want to get a yearly subscription, you will be charged $89.99 annually implying that you will be billed $7.49 per month.
- Monthly If you want to get a monthly subscription for basic edition, you will be charged $29.99 per month.
- Quarterly If you want to get a quarterly subscription, you will be charged $41.99 quarterly implying that you will be billed $13.99 per month.
- Yearly If you want to get a yearly subscription, you will be charged $59.99 annually implying that you will be billed $4.99 per month.
mSpy is offering its services at a relatively high price. mSpy is offering two pricing packages for its users: Basic and Premium.
- Monthly If you want to get a monthly subscription, you will be charged $69.99 per month.
- Quarterly If you want to get a quarterly subscription, you will be charged $119.99 quarterly implying that you will be billed $39.99 per month.
- Yearly If you want to get a yearly subscription, you will be charged $199.99 annually implying that you will be billed $16.66 per month.
For the Basic edition, mSpy is offering only a monthly package. If you want to get a monthly subscription, you will be charged $29.99 per month for both Android and iOS.
Here is a summary table for you to compare the prices of the two most commonly used spying apps. You can observe that Xnspy is offering more features with a premium subscription for both Android and iOS users at a relatively lower price than mSpy. So, Xnspy seems to be comparatively cheaper than mSpy for the customers.
Before buying a spying app, It’s important to check whether the device you want to monitor is compatible with the selected spying app or not.
- Android Version: Currently, Xnspy works on all Android OS devices that are running between OS 4.0 to OS 10.0
- iOS Version: Xnspy works on all iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, and iPods with Jailbreak that is running between iOS 6.0 to iOS 9.0.2, and all iOS devices without Jailbreak that is running between iOS 6.0 to iOS 14.4
- Android Version: For operational use, mSpy requires that the target device including smartphones and tablets must be running from Android OS 4.0 and above.
- iOS Version: mSpy with Jailbreak version is compatible with iOS 7.0 to 8.4 and 9.0 to 9.1 only and with all iOS versions without jailbreak.
Both Xnspy and mSpy have held the top two spots interchangeably for too long. But guess it’s time to declare one absolute winner once and for all. MSpy comes with a neat online interface and some great features but, it’s been a while since they have come up with something new.
To look into this, we went through mSpy’s year-old online reviews for any missing features that the app may have on its current version. Interestingly, it still was the same app a year ago. Xnspy, however, has introduced a couple of good features just alone in the year 2018-19. For instance, the aforementioned Call Time Activity Punch Card, Top 5 Callers, Top 5 Call Durations, Top 10 Most Frequently Visited Websites, all of these reporting features were added recently to bring in a more efficient spying experience where users won’t have to sift through immense amounts of data that are being saved on a monitored device on an everyday basis. Apart from the features and upgrades, Xnspy is also priced lowest in spyware programs industry. The prices are unbeatable and definitely worth every penny of yours. We also loved the 24/7 customer support on Xnspy as they do everything within their capacity to help you out. We do think that mSpy is a great app but Xnspy certainly has more tricks up its sleeves and hence deserves the number 1 spot on the list of best mobile spyware programs.
Limited Time Offer
On all Xnspy subscriptions