How to completely wipe all the data from your Android device if it is lost? There is nothing worse than losing your phone. Once you have lost it, that means you have lost everything that’s stored on that phone too (unless your phone very regularly backed up). Our smartphones are more than just a medium of communication, we use them for storing our memories, mark our calendars, and even to make purchases. What if someone finds your phone and starts accessing your apps, emails, personal stuff or something confidential? ? Losing a phone can be a huge loss. Even if it’s locked, criminals are ready to pay money to get it unlocked. You never know what will happen next with your information.
A good thing is you can completely wipe android phone’s data from a remote location when if it is lost. You simply send a command from your computer and everything is erased, remotely.
Here are some ways to you wipe all the data from your Android device:
[sc name=”spy24″ ]
Option 1: Wipe the phone’s data using Android Device Manager
A very common way of wiping phone’s data is using the Android Device Manager. It’s a built-in function inside every Android phone that lets you wipe your personal data from the device.
To use this feature, you have to sync your Android device (smartphone or tablet) with the Android Device Manager. It is compatible with Android 2.2 and above. Follow these steps to sync your device:
- Go to your phone’s ‘Settings’ and click ‘Android Device Manager’
- Select ‘Allow Remote Lock and Factory Reset’
- Make sure the ‘Remotely Locate This Device’ button is clicked. If not, the click on it.
- Now check the ‘Allow Remote Lock and Factory Reset’ box. Once you do that, a screen will pop up asking your permission to wipe the data from your device.
- Go to Android Device Manager online by entering you Google account and select the device that you want to sync.
How to wipe data from your phone?
Once your device is synced, follow these steps to wipe the phone’s data:
1. From your computer, visit https://www.google.com/android/find and enter your Google account credentials.
2. Once you have logged in, the Device Manager will attempt to locate your phone. You should see a map showing the location of your device
3. You can either ‘Ring’ your device, ‘Lock’ it or ‘Erase’ it.
4. If you choose Erase, you will be asked to enter a new password. Then a warning window will pop-up. If you agree, the entire data on your phone will be erased.
Note: Only use this option if your device is lost for good.
Are there any limitations?
Yes, there are limitations to using Android Device Manager. Such as:
1. It will only work if your device is connected to the internet.
2. If you have signed out of your Google account, Android Device Manager will be of no use to you. If your phone is stolen, this is the first thing they will do because everyone knows Android Device Manager can be used to locate, lock or erase data from the device.
3. If you haven’t enabled Android Device Manager on your phone, it won’t be able to load your device.
What other option do you have? How to completely wipe Android phone data in a safe way? There is a solution to and it’s “Pumpic!”
Option 2: Wipe the phone’s data with Pumpic
Pumpic is one of the best Android monitoring app. Pumpic can be used as a tool to remotely control your phone and wipe data by sending one command. To use this feature, your device must have Pumpic installed beforehand. Just follow these steps to wipe data from the phone:
1. Visit Pumpic from your computer and enter your Pumpic login credentials.
2. You should see a dashboard with various controls showing you the phone’s data in an organized way all at a single place.
3. From the dashboard menu on your left, select ‘Remote Control’.
4. Now pick ‘Wipe Phone’ from the options on the screen.
5. A warning pop-up window will appear telling you that once the data on the phone is erased, you cannot undo this action.
6. To delete all the data from the phone click ‘Wipe Device’ and Pumpic will start doing its work.
This how Pumpic will successfully delete everything from your lost device.
Pumpic is an easier and more reliable way of wiping data from a phone because all you have to do is make sure the target device has Pumpic installed and it is connected to the internet. There are no other complications. Plus, since Pumpic works invisibly, the thief probably won’t figure it’s installed on your device. You will be able to wipe all important data from your Android device safe and soundly. Also, if Pumpic is installed on your phone, you can also track your phone’s location.