Are you wondering if spy apps can be installed remotely? Is it possible to install an app on someone else’s mobile phone without getting access to it? You will get your answers here.
Finding out what someone is doing on their phone is not as easy as saying, “Hey Siri, watch them and report back to me.” Before figuring out a way to install a spy app remotely, you need to determine whom you want to spy on. If you are a parent, you would want to give your child privacy, but at the same time, you might want to make sure they are not anywhere near the seedier parts of the web. If you are an employer who must keep an eye on the wrongdoings of his employees, you might want to keep a log of everything. Spying could be summarized into the following 3 categories:
[sc name=”spy24″ ]
1. Watching for certain activities: This type of spying means you generally don’t care what someone does with a device as long as they are following the rules. For instance, you might want to know when your child watches porn or when your employee uses Facebook. This type of spying could be accomplished with filtering rather than 24/7 surveillance.
2. Spy on all activities in a certain app: For this type of spying, an employer might want to monitor certain apps or what the employees do with the company’s email, chat apps, and proprietary software. It’s more of selective monitoring.
3. Spy on all activities in every app: In this case, you would want to see everything a person does on their phone. This includes monitoring their call logs, text messages or tracking their location, etc.
To conduct any of the above, you will need a spy app. But only if you could install a spy app on someone’s one without even touching it…
The Dilemma of Installing a Spy App, Remotely
Now let’s get back to the question whether spy apps can be installed remotely? Installing a spy app on any mobile device without physically accessing it is not possible, especially on Android devices. There is an exception when it comes to the iPhone, and we will discuss that later. You need to have access to the device to enable the installation.
If you do a quick Google search about it, you will find several websites claiming their software can remotely install on the phone. These sellers know they are plenty of desperate people out there in search of such apps. They prey them by promising to offer the impossible. Anyway, any service saying its spy app could be installed remotely is a scam. It either wants your funds or worse; it could be releasing a malware in your device to steal your personal information.
No matter what spyware it is, to install it, you will need physical access to the device. Only once the app is installed, you can monitor, create a log of activities or remotely control the device.
Watch Out! How to Spot Fake Spying Apps with Remote Installation Claims?
Most of the websites selling fake spying apps have displayed the same type of information. They use some common terms that makes them easier to catch. You will be able to spot fake apps as you read the following information:
- Legitimate smartphone spy apps offer a license which ranges from a month to a year. Scam companies, on the other hand, are willing to offer you the product with a one-time payment and free lifetime upgrades.
- Some fake spyware sellers bundle their spy app with other apps to fascinate the customer. This isn’t really an attractive offer because these extra apps are useless.
- Scam spyware retailers also sell their products at a fraction of the price offered by their rivals. If an amazing product is being sold at a low price, it’s a red flag.
- The payment method offered by a business tells a lot about it. Scams only accept the payment via credit cards, money brokers or Skrill. Authentic companies, on the other hand, don’t mind accepting the payment via PayPal. They are not afraid to share their business email with users.
- Scammers give minimal contact information. They never list their physical address at their website. The phone numbers provided are usually either fake or not listed.
- Some services also advise you to use Bluetooth for remotely installing spyware. That’s a plague you should avoid at all cost.
There Is An Exception!
As mentioned above, there is an exception. You can install a spy on remotely but only on an iPhone. Technically speaking, you are not really installing anything. This only works on iPhones that aren’t Jailbroken. Since Apple stores all data on iCloud, if you have the iCloud credentials of the target iPhone, you spy on them without even touching the device in the first place! That’s the whole idea. You are simply accessing the data stored on iCloud via the spy app.
If you are thinking, “Why should I use a spyware when I have the iCloud of a person?” Then it’s because you haven’t acquainted yourself completely with Pumpic. The app doesn’t only give you what you can view by signing into someone’s iCloud but even more. Like you can view instant messages from different apps, and even all the data that are deleted off the phone and iCloud. Moreover, you can create watch lists for contacts, locations, email addresses and even for words and get notifications for only the watchlisted activity.
Pumpic is among the top spying apps you can count on for this. Pumpic’s iPhone version makes it all possible. The step-by-step process below explains everything you need to know to spy on an iPhone without accessing it:
Step 1: Subscribe to Pumpic
You have to begin by subscribing to Pumpic for iPhone (Without Jailbreak). All the information you need to know to use the app will be emailed to you. From there, you are required to set up the login credentials for your Pumpic web account.
Step 2: Configure iCloud Backup.
You must configure iCloud backup in the target iPhone. Chances are, its already done. But in case it’s not, here is what you can do:
1. Go to Settings >> iCloud 2. Enter the iCloud credentials of the iPhone you want to monitor
3. In the iCloud menu, Toggle ‘On’ all the features except ‘Keychain.’
4. Tap on Backup >>Toggle ‘On’ the iCloud backup
Step 3: Log into the Pumpic Web Account
Visit Pumpic from your browser and enter your Pumpic login credentials. From there, you will be taken to the Pumpic dashboard. It will look something like this:
Step 4: Pair the iCloud credentials of the target Device
You will be asked to enter the iCloud credentials of the target iPhone so that the app can pair the device and start transferring data from the iPhone to the server and then into the web account. Once the device is paired, leave it for 48 hours to do its work.
Step 5: Log into the Web account again and start spying.
Now you have to log into the web account again actually to start spying on the iPhone. The dashboard that will appear as you log in is the interface from where you can view and administer the data stored on the target iPhone from a single place. If you want to spy on the text messages, click on ‘Phone Logs’ >> ‘Text Messages’ from the menu at your left-hand side. You will be shown all conversations between the contacts and the target phone. Here is how it will look:
Keep in mind that remote installation is a technology that is not available yet. No matter what kind of spying app it is, the user needs to get physical access to the device to install it. Once the app is installed, you can control the phone remotely and track its activities.
Remote Installation and Android Phones
Since it’s not possible to remotely install a spyware on an Android phone if you really want to keep tabs on someone, figure out a way to access their device. You can install Pumpic’s Android version on their device. The process is simple, and you will be done within 5 to 10 minutes. Once Pumpic is activated, you can spy on their activities peacefully as you won’t have to reaccess their device after that. If you can’t really access someone’s phone privately for enough time to install the app, then maybe, it’s time for you to give an early Christmas gift with Pumpic pre-installed.
Top iPhone Spy Apps That Support Remote Spying
Unfortunately, you will find minimal spy apps that support iPhone spying via iCloud. It’s a tough call, you know. Even apps that fall into the category of top spy apps, like FlexiSpy, OneSpy, and mSpy don’t support this feature. They can only help you if the iPhone device you wish to spy on is Jailbroken.
We have done our due diligence and listed down the spy apps that support remote installation. Have a look at what they are offering:
Spyzie is among the top apps that can be used to monitor an iPhone or iPad. You don’t need to install it to spy on the target iOS device. You register for Spyzie, verify the iCloud credentials and then start monitoring.
You can spy on the phone calls, videos and photos, installed apps, browser history, iMessages and more. Spyzie is now compatible with iOS 12, too. A single-month subscription for Spyzie costs $49.99.
Like the rest of the spying apps for iPhone, you will need iCloud ID and password of the target device to monitor it if you are using iKeyMonitor. You might need physical access to the device to enable the iCloud backup (if it’s not already) and turn off the 2-factor authentication (if it’s on). Other than that, you can use iKeyMonitor to spy on the target iPhone without even touching it. The price of iKeyMonitor is $59.99 a month. It’s compatible with all iPhone/iPad with iOS 9+.
iKeyMonitor supports limited features. These include spying on messages, call logs, location, accessing photos, videos from a device, etc. To access more spying features, you will have to Jailbreak the iPhone.
3. SpyMaster Pro
SpyMaster Pro is another iPhone spy software that claims to let you remotely spy on an iPhone without installation and physical access.
To get started, you must subscribe to SpyMaster Pro and collect the iCloud credentials of the target iPhone. Then, you must log in to your SpyMaster Pro account and submit these credentials. After this, you will be ready to track all the information you need from the target device. It’s compatible with iOS 9 to iOS 12, and its price starts from $43.85 a month.
4. Highster Mobile
Highster Mobile is a one-time purchase app with free lifetime upgrades. It cost $69.99, and no further payments are required. The app claims you can recover iMessages, contacts, calls, GPS location, Facebook and Twitter messages, pictures, videos, internet browser history and calendar entries without accessing the target device.
The app extracts files from the iPhone device automatically and returns a copy of the recovered data files to your online account. Of course, to make this work, you will need Apple ID and password of the target iPhone. It supports iOS 7 to iOS 12.
All the above-mentioned apps work in pretty much the same way. It’s mandatory to have iCloud credentials to spy on the target device though. Most of them also support the latest iOS. But they vary when it comes to pricing and spying features. Before comparing these apps to Pumpic, have a look at the iPhone spying features supported by Pumpic:
- View call history and contactsYou can check call history (all incoming and outgoing calls) on the target phone and view the contacts along with their phone numbers.
- Text messagesYou can read all incoming and outgoing SMS on the target iPhone with the time and date stamps.
- Spy on social mediaYou can spy on all incoming and outgoing messages on WhatsApp and access Viber and Instagram photos.
- Spy on iMessagesYou won’t miss any conversation on iMessage. Pumpic lets you spy on all the incoming and outgoing messages on the target iPhone.
- Spy on emailsYou will be able to access all the sent and received emails on the target iPhone’s default email app.
- Check the calendarYou will have the liberty to check all the appointments and calendar activities of the target phone.
- View all the installed appsWith the installed apps feature, you will get to view all the apps installed on the target iPhone and figure out what kind of interests they have.
- Access photos and videosYou will be able to access the phone’s library, which means you can view all the photos and videos downloaded on the target iPhone from a remote location.
- Monitor Internet browsing activitiesApart from letting you view the browsing history, with Pumpic, you can also check the bookmarks and figure out their favourite sites.
- Keep track of the Location history.You can view the target iPhone’s location history and use geofencing to restrict their entry or exist to certain locations.
- Set AlertsYou can watchlist words, emails, place and get alerts on SIM card change. Pumpic will send you a notification so that you don’t miss out on anything.
Pumpic vs Other iPhone Spy Apps
Pumpic is certainly offering more iPhone spying features than other spying apps mentioned above. Plus, it’s compatible with iOS 6.x, 7.x, 8.x up to 12.1, which makes it one of the highly compatible iPhone spy apps. You’ll have to pay $8.33 a month for its basic version and $12.49 for its premium version. This also makes it an affordable choice for users.
Spyzie, iKeyMonitor, and SpyMaster Pro are legitimate apps, too, but they are costly, and they don’t support the most desired features iPhone spying features. Highster Mobile, on the other hand, appears to be a cheaper alternative but watch out, most scams use the one-time purchase offer to trick you into buying a fake product.
Frequently Asked Questions About using Spy Apps
1. How long does it take to install a spying app?
As we all know, spying apps are available on iOS and Android platforms. The installation process is different for each one. The time required to complete the download and installation actually depends on the speed of the internet, the spying app you are using and the operating system of the phone. It could take anywhere between 5 to 25 minutes to install a spy app. Here is a ballpark time-frame was taken by Pumpic for installation.
Android Phone: It would take 5 to 10 minutes to install the app on an Android device.
Non jailbroken iPhone: You will be done with the installation in 10 minutes; eight minutes to set up and customize the iCloud and an additional two minutes to activate the app.
Jailbroken iPhone: If the iPhone is already jailbroken, the installation will take 5 minutes. But if you have to jailbreak it first, the entire process will take 20 minutes; 15 minutes to Jailbreak and 5 minutes to install.
2. The phone is locked, and I don’t know the password. Is there any way around it?
Unfortunately, no. If you don’t have the PIN, password, pattern or passcode to the device you want to spy on, it’s not possible to install a spy app on it.
3. I am getting my daughter a new phone. It doesn’t have a SIM card yet. Can I still install Pumpic in it?
Yes, you can absolutely install the spy app even if the phone doesn’t have a SIM card yet. The app is supposed to be installed on the phone’s built-in storage; it doesn’t have anything to do with the SIM card.
In conclusion, installing a spy app on a mobile device remotely is a dilemma, indeed. There is no way about it if you want to spy on an Android Phone or an iPhone that’s jailbroken. However, if it’s an iPhone, that’s not jailbroken, and you have access to its iCloud credentials, remote spying is possible since you don’t even need to install the spy app. We hope you now have all the information you need.
Why should I choose Pumpic over other spy apps?
For starters, Pumpic is the most affordable spyware that you could. With our great all-year around sales, you could get Pumpic for as low as $4.99 while the premium version is available for only $7.49. Moreover, Pumpic comes with some exciting features. For instance, you can find out their favourite callers, websites or which hour of the day they make the most calls. Then, there’s are the Watchlist Alerts that provide alerts for the watchlisted contacts, words or locations. This not only gives you instant access to important info but also avoids the need of going through unimportant data.