10 Best Mobile Spy Apps for 2021 [UPDATED] It can be pretty daunting to pick the best cell phone monitoring app when you have lots of options. Plus, who has got the time to review all the options and then pick only one. The trouble is that if you subscribe to a bad one, you won’t get a refund. Yep, you will be pretty much stuck with it. That’s why it’s really crucial to evaluate your options pretty closely and then pay for one. But don’t worry, we have made the job easier for you. We bring you the 10 best rated mobile spy apps for 2021 that are available out there. With this guide, you will be able to compare the options you have and choose the app that best suits your needs. Let’s begin, shall we?
The Most Powerful Hidden Spying App to Monitor Android, IOS Cell Phone & Tablet Device Remotely. Best Android Parental Control App for Kids & Teens Online Safety.
Now take the liberty to monitor Android, IOS devices with exclusive features better than ever before
Monitor all Voice & Text Messages Communication Record, Listen & Watch Surroundings in Real-time Unleash Digital Parenting with Android, IOS Spy App Spy360 (Surround Listing & Front/Back Camera Bugging) IM’s VoIP call recording on Android OS 10 & above With 250+ Surveillance Tools at your fingertips using Android Tracking & Parental Monitoring Software.
Pumpic is the industry’s leading mobile spyware. It’s the app’s combination of advanced spying features, affordable pricing, and a 24/7 customer support, that all serves up to make Pumpic the best phone monitoring software. Pumpic is not just your surveillance app for the children but for your employees, too. It has everything to keep you updated about their activities in real time. Some of its incredible features include monitoring phone calls and messages, access to instant messenger chats and multimedia sent via these chats, GPS location tracking (this includes monitoring of specific locations, current location, location history and geofencing), email and browser monitoring, recording of phone calls and surroundings, remotely controlling the target phone, and lot more. Pumpic has introduced some few advanced spying features, too, that include Keylogger, Wi-Fi logs and WhatsApp monitoring without rooting. The app keeps on getting better and better. But that’s not all! If your fixation for spying needs a frenzy, keep on reading, because there’s still a lot to be discovered about the best cell phone monitoring apps.
It is not just the features of Pumpic that makes it an incredible choice, but also its compatibility. The developers of the app are very good at keeping up with the changes in technology. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. For iOS, Jailbreak and no-Jailbreak versions are offered too so that every device owner can use this app without any limitations.
Following are Pumpic’s iPhone versions:
- Android Version: Supports 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x & 10.0
- iOS Jailbreak Version: Supports 6.x, 7.x, 8. Up to 9.0.2.
- iOS No-Jailbreak Version: Supports 6.x, 7.x, 8.x up to 14.3 (*Currently Not Available)
Pumpic is an attractive option because of its price, too. It comes in two packages: Pumpic Basic and Pumpic Premium. The Basic Edition costs $8.33 a month and the Premium Edition costs $12.49 a month. These prices, compared to other similar options, are shockingly low. Plus, most of the other spy apps that you would read about here don’t have enough to match Pumpic on their features either.
- It is compatible with both Android and iPhone devices.
- It also supports offline tracking. Pumpic captures everything offline and as soon as the target device is connected to the internet, the information is uploaded to the web account.
- The application offers 30 + features to provide you an extensive monitoring solution.
- The live demo version lets you test each feature and even get a hang of the app before actually buying it.
- Even if the device user deletes something from his phone such as a call or a text message, you will still be able to view that from your web account as long as Pumpic creates its backup.
- Remote app installation support is offered for Android users where the team installs the app for you on the target device.
- One license allows you to track one phone at a time.
- Pumpic only supports smartphones and tablets, it does not provide desktop monitoring
Flexispy is, without a doubt, another great mobile spy app that works with both iOS and Android. We love Flexispy for its expansive, and some exclusive features, including the ability to access the camera on a phone, keylogging, and so on. And while Flexispy may have a bigger list of features, we weren’t convinced to put this app on the number 1 spot. For instance, some of the Flexispy features are deemed unethical, like its ability to access a phone’s camera, or with the keylogger, their passwords can be stolen. And not to forget, Flexispy comes at an eye-watering price of $349.
- Android version: Supports Android 4.x to 9.x.
- iOS version: Works on all devices running iOS 9.1 or below. A tethered mode is also available for iOS 9.2 to 12.4.
- Jailbreaking and rooting are required to use Flexispy.
- More features than any other mobile spying app
- Works perfectly on Android and iOS
- Requires jailbreak on iOS and rooting on Android.
- Some features are ethically not sound
- Features like remote camera access and live interception are buggy.
- Highly expensive for a mobile spy app
Here comes another popular mobile spy app of 2021 that helps you record the messages of the victim, their call log, monitor IM chats, web browsing history, keylogger, GPS tracking, geo-fencing, and a lot more. It is capable of running in complete stealth mode so don’t worry, if you want to secretly snoop on someone, this best cell phone monitoring software won’t let you down. The best part is you don’t need to root the device or jailbreak to make it work. It offers some nice and intricate features like video preview and capturing screenshots. Some of these advanced features are not being offered by other spying app vendors. It’s a great app when it comes to features but there are some complaints about its functionality.
- Android Version: Supports all Android 4.0 or higher versions
- iOS Version: Supports iOS 10.0.0 or higher versions
Android version of Spyzie has two editions. The Ultimate Edition version costs $49.99 a month and it comes with fully functional features. The Premium Version costs $39.99 version but it has restricted functionality. The iOS version’s license costs $49.99 a month. Spyzie appears to be an attractive mobile spying app with tons of features because it is quite pricey. Only the Ultimate Edition offers all functional features. All functions are not operational on the iOS version.
- It is a nice solution to monitor kids and employees from a remote location.
- No need to root or jailbreak the device.
- The app provides a decent interface that’s easy to use.
- It is not a good value for money since all the features are not functional on all devices. For instance, location tracking does not work on iPhone.
- If the target device owner deletes some data from his device, let’s say a text message or a call, you cannot retrieve it from Spyzie’s control panel.
MobiStealth is also one of the top 10 mobile spy apps of 2021 that come with a broad range of spying features. It is available in three different packages starting from basic to advanced monitoring features. So the features it is offering include viewing text messages, application list, monitor chat messengers web browsing, track location, emails, pictures, keylogging, surround recording, call recording, and Gmail logging. It offers mobile and computer monitoring, making it a perfect choice for business owners. MobiStealth’s PC monitoring software can help you protect your interests by providing continuously monitoring all online activities. You will be paying around $0.50 a day for these features. No wonder it’s among the best cell phone spy software.
- Android Version: Supports all android versions
- iOS Version: Supports iPhone X / 7Plus / 7 / 6Plus / 6 and all other models having iOS versions 9.0 and above.
- PC Versions: Supports computers with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- MAC Versions: Supports MAC versions greater than and equal to 10.6.
Pro: 16.66/ month
Pro X: $26.66/month
Premium Plus: $40/month
MobiStealth’s basic Versions for each of the devices mentioned above offer only basic spying features. You will have to go for the Premium Versions to avail all features. In that case, the app will become really expensive for anyone, whether it is parents or employers and in the long-run, it can break the bank of an average person.
- It is offering a broad range of features at a good price.
- It supports desktop and smartphone monitoring.
- Advanced features like keylogger, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and WhatsApp monitoring are now supported on Android devices.
- It does not support website and contact blocking.
- There is no keyword alert feature.
- A lot of customer complaints regarding app download and installation have been received.
iSpyoo is the mobile spy app meant to check on your employees and protect your children from the hazards of the online world. Since it is a spying app, it becomes completely invisible. The distinguished feature of this top rated cell phone tracking app is that it lets you monitor video calls on Viber and Skype too. Other features it supports include location tracking, read text messages, SMS, view call logs, record calls, view contacts, photos, videos, IM chats, emails, and internet browsing history. There is a free trial version of iSpyoo too. With one account, you can monitor 3 different devices. Cool, right? The only problem is you have to root or jailbreak your device for using most of the features offered by iSpyoo.
iSpyoo is compatible with most Android or iOS devices. It does not support Windows or Blackberry phones. In short, it is compatible with any carrier is offering open GPRS internet access.
iSpyoo is available in 3 different packages. The higher the package you choose, the better features you will get.
- Basic: $19.99/month
- Premium: $23.99/month
- Gold: $25.99/month
Instead of paying a monthly subscription, you can also buy for 3-months, 6 and 1-year subscription according to your budget.
- 48-hour free trial version is available
- It offers interesting features like monitor video calls on Viber and Skype
- To use some of the features in premium and gold membership, you will have to root your device.
- Jailbreaking is required for iPhone monitoring
- There is limited support for compatible devices
- Their customer support is not reliable. They don’t answer any emails and almost no one is there to help you at their live chat support either. There is no phone support either.
Here is another mobile spying app for 2021 that lets you monitor all activities on smartphones running iOS, Android and Blackberry. With StealthGenie, you can read incoming and outgoing text messages, emails, call logs, track GPS location, instant messenger chats, remotely monitor the phone and intercept the calls.
StealthGenie supports Android, iOS and Blackberry devices.
- Android Version: Supports 2.1 and higher
- iOS Version: Supports 3.0 and higher
- Blackberry Version: Supports 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1
StealthGenie comes in 3 different packages. Its price is quite competitive. You just have to pay between $8 and $16 per month, depending on the package you purchase.
- Basic Package: It comes with entry-level features like reading SMS and call logs.
- Gold Package: It includes all the features of the basic package and a few extra like viewing photos, reading emails and get basic alerts.
- Platinum Package: It includes everything in the basic and gold package and some advanced spying features like spying on instant messenger chats, track the phone without GPS, call recording, view videos and more.
- It is a package of advanced monitoring features, especially for parents.
- You pay very less as compared to what features you are getting.
- The app did not comply with the legal standards of spying which undermined its reputation.
- Since the app used a lot of network data, it reduces the battery life of the device.
- Technical support regarding the installation of the app is very poor.
- If you ask for a refund, you are not really entertained.
- iPhone Jailbreak is required to install this on device.
- When the app discontinued, a lot of users had to lose their subscription.
NOTE: StealthGenie was a great app but unfortunately, it is no longer available.
mSpy is another spy app that is used as a cell phone monitoring app. The app is primarily used as a parental monitoring app. Compared with other apps, mSpy offers a limited number of features. It offers all the basic features that other apps offer, such as monitoring of emails, text messages, browser history, call logs, contact list, multimedia files, location tracking, etc. In addition to this, you can remotely control apps and programs. However, it does not offer advanced features such as call or surroundings recorders. Because of the limited number of features that the app offers, it ranks at number 7 in our list of 10 best mobile spy apps.
Users of the app can install mSpy on Android cell phone and tablets. The app is compatible with Android as well as iOS devices. The app is compatible with Android OS 4 and above. To avail the advanced features offered by the app, you need to root your Android device. The app is compatible with all iOS devices from iOS 7 and up.
The subscription plans offered by mSpy are expensive. For the number of features that the app offers, the pricing for mSpy does not seem justified. For the Basic subscription plan, you only have the option for a monthly subscription. However, for Premium packages, you can purchase it on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis. The pricings of the subscription plans are mentioned as follows:
- Monthly: €26.99/month
- Monthly: €59.99/month
- Quarterly: €33.66/month
- Yearly: €14.16/month
- The app works on tablets and Android devices.
- mSpy offers a 7-day trial before installation.
- The subscription plans offered are expensive.
- For monitoring instant messaging apps, you need to root an Android device.
- mSpy offers a limited number of features for an Android device.
It is a simple and reliable mobile spy app which common tracking features. If you are looking for a budget option and you don’t need a complicated tool, this one is for you. It lets you access text messages, view call history, photo, videos, track Location, get device information like memory usage, IMEI, browser history, see installed apps, notes, calendars and more.
It is compatible with Android and iOS. It only works on jailbroken iPhones.
- Android Version: Supports Android 1.0 and higher
- iOS Version: Supports iOS 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x. Since versions 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and iOS 7 cannot be jailbroken at this time, they are compatible too.
MobileSpyAgent is available in 3 plans; Basic, Pro and Business. The business plan is meant for the users who need multiple licenses and its price is provided as per your spying needs and license requests.
- Basic: $14.95/month
- Pro: $19.95/month
- It is pretty easy to use.
- It has all basic spying features and they work pretty fine.
- There is no 24/7 chat support. You have to submit a ticket for your queries.
- The app offers a limited choice of features. Keylogging, social media monitoring and app blocking are not supported.
- It only works on Rooted and Jailbroken devices.
Appmia is another worthy addition to the 10 best mobile spy apps for 2021 with its one-time license, ability to monitor two devices at a time, and free upgrades. If you have basic monitoring needs such as call and text message monitoring, location tracking, and access to calendar and address book, Appmia is a good choice.
You can monitor a variety of devices with Appmia. Appmia lets you monitor Android devices, iPads, iPhones along with some versions of Nokia Symbian devices and Blackberry phones.
- Android versions: Supports devices up to 5.1.1. Lollipop
- Apple version: Supports devices up to iOS 9.0.x
- Nokia Symbian: Anna + Belle versions
- BlackBerry: Supports devices up to 7.1.
Note: The features and functionality varies for each device so, it is better to consult the official website to check the compatibility and access of features.
Appmia is an expensive app.
- Premium Version: $194.99/year
- Lifetime Version: $699.99/year (for two devices)
- Appmia gives you free upgrades
- You can track two devices at once.
- The app remains completely hidden.
- Appmia supports an impressive variety of mobile platforms.
- You are not provided with blocking options.
- The app supports limited models of Symbian and BlackBerry phones.
- It is quite expensive.
- Unlike other apps, you cannot remotely wipe off data from the monitored device.
Rating: 6.7 /10
10. Highster Mobile
Highster Mobile is a popular cell phone tracking application famous for its steal camera, call recording and eavesdropping features. It supports all basic spying features like monitoring call logs, text messages, iMessages, IMs, media files, emails and address book and GPS tracking. It works in absolute covert mode. Its stealth camera feature allows you to take pictures and make videos of the surrounding and view them online. If you want to block an app, a website or uninstall an app, Highster Mobile does not support that.
Highster Mobile is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Android version: Supports Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop, Honeycomb
- iPhone version: Supports all iOS versions (No Jailbreak required)
Highster Mobile is available for a one-time fee of $69.99. There are no monthly or annual billings. It may not have all advanced spying features but given the features that are being offered, it is a great bargain.
- The stealth camera lets you take spying to another level.
- The one-time fee makes it affordable.
- Free lifetime upgrades available.
- Since it does not offer many spying features, it is only a good fit if you have basic monitoring needs.
- There are no parental controls so it is not the best spying app for parents.
- It may support Android and iOS but it is not compatible with all smartphones.
So, which one’s the best?
The mobile spy app that we would recommend to anyone who is looking for best features, affordability, and reliability is ‘Pumpic’! We have made our recommendation by analyzing and comparing the features of Pumpic with other best mobile spy apps. So, here is what makes Pumpic the right choice:
Pumpic works on all latest operating systems for both Android, iPad and iPhones. If you want to monitor an Android Oreo 8.0 device, all features of Pumpic will readily work on it. Similar is the case with Pumpic for iPhone. You will see lots of apps on the list that either only support Jailbroken iPhones or their advanced monitoring features don’t work on iPhone to begin with. That’s not a problem with Pumpic. It also offers a separate version for devices that are already jailbroken. The developers continue to update the app to keep up with the updates in the operating systems.
Price and features correlation
Pumpic is the best value for money. You might find apps like MobiStealth and Spyzie attractive but after a month or so, these apps become hard to afford for an average person. On the other hand, even the premium edition of Pumpic is affordable if we compare it with the features being offered. Advance monitoring in the form of alerts, geofencing, surround recording and ambient recording come at the price of $14 a month. Similarly, some apps are offering unique features like video call monitoring, keylogger, remote picture and video capturing but to use them, you have to root or jailbreak your device or pay a lot of money. But Pumpic is a package of all essential monitoring features that come at a really affordable price.
Customer support provided by Pumpic is quite reliable. They are offering 24/7 live chat support. The website offers tutorials, live demo versions, and comprehensive how-to guides on all features which makes it easier for any user to understand the app. The FAQ section contains answers to most of the questions customers would want to know. However, if you can’t find answers to your queries or you are facing technical difficulties, you will always find support agents to assist you. Pumpic is always on top of the game to hear and address the concerns of its valued customers.
- GPS tracking: It offers comprehensive GPS tracking which includes (location tracking, monitoring, geofencing).
- IM monitoring: You can monitor chats and media files exchanged on all popular Instant messenger apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, Line, Kik, Viber, Instagram, Tinder, and iMessage chats.
- Call and surround recording: You can record and listen to phone calls and record and listen to the surroundings.
- Remotely control target device: You can lock the device, view installed apps, remotely wipe data, block apps and take live screenshots.
- 24/7 alerts: You can get alerts on SIM Card changes, specific words, contacts, and location.
- Others: You can view photos, videos, calendar entries, monitor emails, bookmarks and browser history.
Take a look at these features and then see if any app is offering all these at a price that actually is affordable.
What features to consider before buying a mobile spying app?
Before you decide which mobile spying app is worth your money, here are some essential or in other words basic features that must be available in your app:
Is it compatible with the OS of your phone? It can be either Android or iPhone. You also have to see if the app supports your phone.
GPS tracking system lets you track the location of the target phone. A mobile spying app should have this as a crucial feature since you will be interested to know the whereabouts of your children or even employees.
Call log and SMS tracking
These are the most basic features to look for in a mobile spying app as it is these conversations that can let you get to the bottom of some issue. Plus, some advance apps let you intercept calls and surroundings of the phones too. If you can get these features at a good price, then it is totally worth it.
Ability to work in stealth mode
Since it is a spying software, it must be capable of working in discrete mode. You must be able to install it on the target device and be sure it will monitor things for you without being visible on the phone.
Price and quality co-relation
A cheap app will give you cheap features and a pricey app will give you quality features. But that does not mean you should buy a spying app that is costly. If the app is actually offering great features and it is justifying the price, you can readily go for it.
How to choose the right company?
Since there is a huge variety of mobile spy apps these days, you will, of course, have a lot of companies to choose from. Before you purchase the app from a particular company, it is recommended to do your homework to be sure you have made the right choice. Here are some tips that will help you pick the right company:
The product itself may be good but if the customer support is not good, then you may never be able to make the most of the product itself. If the website offers live chat support, test it. Ask a few questions related to the mobile spy app and see if they are handled efficiently. Similarly, if a phone number is provided at the website, make sure it’s functional.
If a digital product bought online doesn’t come with a sound refund policy, then the risk of you losing your money gets pretty high. Because you never really know how the product would turn out to be unless you have already used it. The challenge with the online cell phone spying industry is that not many companies offer a free trial. Why? Because that free trial is most of the times enough for many people. Keeping that contingency into consideration, many mobile spy app companies rather offer a fully-functional online demo in place for the free trial. Pumpic also has an impressive live demo which you could give a try before making a final purchase decision.
A lot of people don’t take this into account but you should always consider the location of the company you are buying the mobile spy app from. Choose the company that’s located in your own country so that you don’t have to face time zone constraints. The location of the company also tells about its reliability and quality of services.
We hope that this guide came as an answer to most of your questions related to the 10 best mobile spy apps. The purpose of creating this review was to make your decision easier and choose the right mobile spy app.
- How do I know if my phone is compatible with Pumpic? Pumpic is compatible with most phones and tablets. Android devices with OS 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x. are compatible. iOS devices with iOS versions 6.x, 7.x, 8.x up to 13.1.12 are compatible with the app. Before installing the app on the phone, make sure that it is compatible with the phone.
- Does Pumpic work in stealth/hidden mode? The app works in hidden mode and is 100% undetectable. The user of the device cannot view the app in the App Listing on the device. Hence, you can monitor the activity on the device discreetly.
- How does the location-tracking feature work? Pumpic monitors the live location of the device on Android. If the phone is connected to the internet, you will receive regular updates on your account. Pumpic provides details on previous as well as the current location. It includes the address, longitudinal, and latitudinal coordinates. Users can also mark locations as safe or unsafe.
- Is Pumpic legal? Yes, Pumpic is 100% legal. However, the app’s user is responsible for how they intend to use the app. Moreover, if you wish to use the app for monitoring children or employees, the device must belong to you or the company, respectively. For children below the age of 18, the app is legal to be used without consent in most US states. However, we do advise you to check with your local surveillance laws before using Pumpic. To use the app for employee monitoring, the employer must inform the employee. But using the app to monitor your partner, spouse, or any other person without their consent is outright illegal.
- How can I view the data gathered on the device? The data gathered on the device uploads to Pumpic servers. The data can be accessed by the user only, and no one else. To view messages, call logs, contact list, multimedia files, emails, browser history, and other data collected on the device, log into your account. On the dashboard, you can see the device information, including the battery level, and location. On the left-hand side, the list of features is available. To view individual features, click the drop-down icon, and you will find each category of the features offered.
See Also :
- Best iPhone Spy Apps
- Best Android Spy Apps
- Best WhatsApp Spy Apps
- Best Text Spy Apps
Limited Time Offer
On all Pumpic subscriptions